Congratulations to your new TheBone®.
Here a few important and helpful tips, just enough to get you started and on your way.
Use light gauge strings: ,010 / ,013 / ,017 / ,026 / ,036 / ,046
Removing old string(s)
- When replacing string(s), preferably clip old strings in half, before removing them from guitar. In doing so the old crimped string ends can be removed more easily right at the Nut/Stringholder.
Restringing the guitar:
- Before inserting new string, Tuning knobs must be turned clockwise until they come to a halt.
- Feed new string through opening in the back of the guitar and out the top.
- Pull the string all the way through the top hole until it resists your tug.
- Feed the string through the appropriate hole in the Stringholderplate at the nut and wrap the string clockwise!! around the Stringfasteningscrew. String should rest between Screw head and washer!!!!
- While holding string in slight tension, tighten screw (use wrench integrated on the TheBone® back side). Do not use excessive force! (It dose not use much force for the string to be clamped tight).
- Proceed in tightening string by turning Tuning knobs counterclockwise. To reach final pitch, use fine toning-key, integrated in the Body-Clip.
- Excess string length at Stringfasteningscrew can be removed by bending string back and forth until it brakes.
The tensioning distance is limited and will come to a halt. This might happen if the string is to loosely restrung. “never use force!”